December 2, 2019
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy establishes:
- The way we collect and use the personal data you submit on www.european-business-angels.at and its current or future extensions (.fr,.be, ch, de,.se,.it,.sp,.co.uk,…)
- Your options regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this information (see the section „Your Rights“ for more details).
THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you when you request goods, services or information from us:
– The information you provide us by completing forms on our website www.european-business-angels.at and in our mobile applications („Our Site“). This includes contact information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number; basic information such as experience and expertise; unique identifiers such as a user name and password; and preference information such as short lists, investment criteria and transaction history. If you choose to post an ad on Our Site, we will ask you for information about your activities such as the name of the company, the size of the company, the type of activities and the members of the team.
– The information you provide us when you contact us in writing (including via e-mail).
– The information you provide us when we talk on the phone. We may record and store the information you share with us.
– The information you provide us by completing surveys.
– Details of the transactions you make through Our Site and details of the execution of your orders.
As with most websites, we collect some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), landing and exit pages, operating system, date/time information and navigation route data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer Our Site, track user movements on Our Site and collect demographic information about all of our users.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information as follows:
– To fulfil our obligations arising from (i) legal obligations and/or (ii) any agreement between you and us to provide information, products or services you have requested, and to inform you of changes to our products and services.
– To send you information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
– To present content from Our Site in a manner that is most appropriate for you and your device.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your data to be used in any of the ways described above. The „Your Rights“ section of this policy contains more details on this subject.
All details in this document are in compliance with Luxembourg’s EU data protection law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following situations:
– If we sell or buy a business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the potential seller or buyer of the business or assets. We will inform you of any changes in the ownership or use of your personal data, as well as of any new choices regarding your personal data, by e-mail or prominent notice on Our Site.
– If Noether Partners or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data it will hold on its clients will constitute one of the transferred assets.
– If we are, or believe we are, under an obligation to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation; or authorized by law to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others. This includes the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
– If you have tried to contact an ad published on www.european-business-angels.at, your personal data may be disclosed to the owner of the ad. If you request a business plan or any other document, or if you contact a company or entrepreneur via the advertisement page, your contact information may also be provided to that company or entrepreneur.
We may share your personal data with companies that provide services to assist us in our business activities, such as payment processing.
You have the right to access the information held about you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before sending copies of any relevant documents, in order to protect your privacy and security.
You may be entitled to ask us:
– To modify or delete your information
– A copy of your information
– To transfer some of this information to other organizations
– To limit or interrupt the processing of information;
– To withdraw your consent (where we have already requested your consent to the processing of your data)
In certain situations – for example, when we are able to prove a legal right to process your data – your rights may be limited. In some cases, we may be able to retain your data, even if you withdraw your consent.
When we need information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then providing this information is mandatory: if this information is not provided, we will not be able to fulfill our obligations or manage your transactions on Our Site. In all other cases, providing the requested information is optional.
For the sake of transparency, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about how we handle your information, and to resolve any complaints you may have. You have the right to raise any issues with the competent data protection authority, but we encourage you to contact us first.
How to exercise your rights
You can correct, modify or delete your information on your „Your Information“ page. You can stop receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in them.
Or to access any of the other rights mentioned above, send an e-mail to email@example.com .
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your information for as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, which in some cases, involving the collection and processing of financial data, may require a retention period of 7 years (or more if required by law).
COOKIES and Other tracking technologies
Technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts are used by Noether Partners and our partners, including affiliated marketing partners or analytical and business process service providers. These technologies are used in trend analysis, to administer Our Site, to track user movements on Our Site and to collect demographic information about all of our users. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregate basis.
HOW WE STORE, PROCESS AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The data we collect from you may be transferred and stored at a location within or outside the European Economic Area („EEA“). They may also be processed by staff working inside or outside the EEA, who work for us or for one of our service providers. These employees may be responsible for, among other things, fulfilling your orders, processing your payment information and providing support services. Access to your information is limited to those who need to manage it. If your information is transferred from the EEA to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will ensure that it is adequately protected by (i) ensuring that standard contractual clauses are approved by the European Commission, appropriate data protection shield certification or binding corporate rules for a service provider’s subcontractor are in place, or (ii) relying on exemptions (e.g. contractual necessity). A copy of the appropriate mechanism can be provided for your review upon request, using the contact information below.
Safety and security
We use secure servers to store all the information you provide to us by e-mail or on Our Site.
The password you choose when you register will allow you to access certain parts of Our Site. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. When you enter sensitive information on Our Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we have received it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee their absolute safety. If you have any questions about security on Our Site, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Blog / Discussions
Our Site offers a publicly accessible blog and community discussions. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by third parties who have access to it. To request the removal of your personal data from our blog or community discussions, please contact us at email@example.com . In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal data, in which case we will let you know if and why we are unable to do so.
If you choose to use our referral service (not operational as of December 2019) to tell a contact about Our Site, we will ask you for your contact’s name and email address. You must obtain the consent of your contact to provide us with this information. We will automatically send your contact a single email inviting them to visit the site. Our site stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this single e-mail and to monitor the effectiveness of our referral program.
You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us to remove this information from our database.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our service providers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies, and we are not responsible for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please review these policies and website terms and conditions before submitting personal data to these sites.
The profile you create on Our Site will be accessible to subscribers to our platform. Investors to all companies and companies only to their own information.
Social Media Widgets
You may connect to Our Site using LinkedIn’s or Google’s login service. If this technique is used, it will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain personal data with us, such as your name and email address, in order to pre-fill out our registration form. Services such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Google may give you the option to post information about your activities on Our Site on your profile page, in order to share it with others within your network.
You can contact us by e-mail via email@example.com
In the event that you would like to obtain a copy of all the Personal Data we hold about you, please write to: Data Protection Officer
15 rue de l’Industrie, L-8069 Bertrange – Luxembourg RC: B233 273 (ministerial authorisation: 10099341).