After many years working for defense sector in satellite image processing, a group of 3 engineers has created Diginove end of 2016 with the objective to help companies, authorities, international organizations to assess and anticipate population growth and migration in emerging countries and to provide people with access to health, education and thus a better life.
TeleCense Powered by DIGINOVE
Satellite data and demographic expertise to help you take the best decisions
Population growth and moving in emerging countries is one of the major issues that humankind has to face in a very next future. Classical solutions: censuses and civil registration are inefficient and outdated, every ten years at best.
TeleCense evaluates population distribution and trends with efficient, up-to-date and accurate results, at low cost compared to in-situ studies or census campaigns.
Copernicus data is the core input of the TeleCense service: by leveraging Sentinel-1&2 satellite images and merging radar and optical data, we can provide high accuracy in detecting settlements.
Knowing where people live is a fundamental element of many decision making processes such as urban development, infectious disease containment, evacuation planning, risk management, conservation planning, and more.
TeleCense could be used by:
Moreover, TeleCense is designed for use in connection with climate impacts, human crisis management, public health, migration, and more.
How it works?
On a geographic or administrative area, TeleCense services provide:
- Settlement footprint & built-up characteristics
- Population estimations
- Regular updates
- Evolution trends
Previous demographic census data are not required.
Three levels of service :
We rely on a strong partnership ecosystem to bring you additional services.
- Data from demographic studies (ex: average household composition)
- Mobiles flows (Flux Vision by Orange Business Services)
- WorldDEM Elevation Model (Airbus)
- Photo interpretation to go further on habitat characterization
- Basic geological data (reliefs, watershed)
- GIS data Localization of communication hubs (roads, railway, airports, ports, etc.)
- Higher resolutions results by using Pleiades, SPOT & TerraSAR-X images from OneAtlas (Airbus)
- External data from the client (ex: localization of Point of Sales)
Find the answer to all your needs:
- Forecast the population, the evolution / movement of the population over years in order to implement sustainable / sufficient capabilities (ex: set-up antennas in highly populated districts, set-up bigger tubes)
- Estimate the cost of deployment (number of connections needed, distance, etc.) correlated with the population I am covering
- Choose the best location to implement industrial facility and limit impact on population
- Make a risk assessment / insurance fees / pricing estimation on industrial risks
- Verify how pertinent the infrastructure is, compare to the population that is going to be addressed
- Prevent virus propagation, make a vaccination campaign, identify preventive health actions
- Optimize and accelerate the preparation of a Census in my country or use TeleCense data during the post-census validation
- Know how impacted I am (people and infrastructure) after a natural / industrial disaster in order to: 1. unlock funds, 2. announce how impacted I am to financial markets. Experiment TeleCense in case of water elevation by clicking here.